My inspiration in my hour of need comes from a super talented lady called Becca Feeken. I follow her all the time, as does many crafters, and she has a wonderful ability to look at things differently.
During the week I grabbed some time to make a card that was featured on Becca’s website, so I thought I would have a go.
Here’s what I used:
- Spellbinders A2 Filigree Delight, Floral Ovals, Large Ovals and Foliage Flourish Dies
- Cream Card
- Justrite Stamps – Just the right words by Amazing Paper Grace
- Stazon Black Ink
- Pearls, Flowers & Ribbon
- Cosmic Shimmer Clear, foam pads and hot wax.
- To form my base card I cut and embossed 3 no pieces of the Filigree Delight. Then using card with a 2 cm fold, cut the 4th Filigree Delight panel, but leaving a tiny space at the top, so it does not cut the fold line.
- Glue one of the cut panels to the fold of the 4th panel, lining up the design. This creates the base of the card. I then glued the remaining 2 panels on the back of each base panel. This will strengthen the card, as with the intricate designs, it can weaken the whole card structure.
- Then cut and embossed 2 no pieces of the largest Floral Oval.
- I then cut 2 no ovals using the largest die of Spellbinders Large Ovals. I then added sentiments with Stazon Black Ink, using the chosen sentiment from Justrite Stamps, 1 for inside and 1 for outside.
- Using the 2 largest dies from Spellbinders Large Ovals, cut and emboss to make a frame for the front of the card, then mounted on small foam pads to the oval piece. Add the complete piece to the front of the card.
- Add the second stamped oval to the remaining Floral Oval and attach inside.
- I cut and embossed flourishes and then added, with hot wax, the roses and ribbon. Decorate with pearls to finish, and yes these were all individual pearls!
Hope you like the card, and if you want inspiration of a great card maker (other than myself of course lol) click on the link above in blue!