This weekend yet again has been mighty busy to say the least, so I only managed to squeeze in this quick card inspired by my hero Becca Feeken. I am sure however, that it went much more smoothly than my attempt did! I had ‘one of those days’ where everything I tried to do became a major event, but I survived and produced the following:
This card appealed to me as the Spellbinders Borders Dies are so beautiful, and sometimes I get frustrated as they are only A6 UK size, and I must admit I have a passion for the A5 size.
I used the following to make the card:-
- Spellbinders Scalloped Borders, Opulent Ovals, Labels Thirty Two & Captivating Squares.
- Base Card was a Cream Lattice Card, Pearlised Pink for die cuts and 250 gsm Blush Pink for inside and die cuts.
- Tim Holtz Milled Lavender & Old Rose & Petal Pink Versa Ink
- Bright Pink Organza Ribbon and Paper Rose Small
- Hot Glue, Cosmic Shimmer Clear Glue & Foam Pads, Pink Pearls
Assembling the card:
- First I cut the base card and cut and embossed the scalloped border, and I made this card base a little too small, so best to layout your dies and then measure where you would like to make your cuts. Then I cut and embossed the top border but left the bottom end out of the cutting sandwich so it did not damage the embossing already done.
- Cut the inside of the card to match the back of the base card in Blush Pink.
- I cut and embossed all the following at the same time – the largest of the opulent ovals with the cream card, largest labels thirty two with the pearlised pink card and second largest from Captivating Squares using the blush pink.
- I then edged the Opulent Ovals die cut with milled lavender.
- I stamped the Captivating Square die cut with Petal Pink Versa Ink.
- I then mounted the foam pads on each layer.
- Placed the ribbon and secured on the back. To hide this on the inside, using Blush Pink card, I cut a matching piece to fill the centre section to hide the glued ribbon ends with the same border as the bottom of the card.
- Mount the die cuts in ascending order.
- On the inside of the card I cut another Largest Opulent ovals in the cream base card and second largest Labels Thirty Two and stamped with Old Rose Versa Ink.
- Glue the bow and rose with hot glue.
- Glue the pearls with cosmic shimmer clear glue.
I was following a pattern I had seen a while ago but my dies seem to come up larger than the one I was following, particularly the Labels Thirty Two, as the patterned I followed fitted perfectly in between the Opulent oval peaks, but my largest seemed to hide it and the second largest was too small…..gremlins at work somewhere!
Well that was my encounter for today, and a lesson learnt in measure twice and cut once!
Enjoy the rest of your day