How has your crafty week been, making lots of lovely goodies I hope!
As I post the garden box last week I thought this week I would share a birthday box I made for my manager at work. It was a lot of work, but using texture paste, which is something I don’t use much of, but did have a lot of fun whilst learning.
It took round 8 1/2 hours to make, but was so chuffed with it, that sharing is the only thing that is good enough.
The cake in the centre has an electric light that when you lift the top of cake up, which is on a hinge, you can switch it on and watch it flicker! The little tags was for the rest of the office staff to write their birthday greetings on and each of the four sides had a pocket to put them in.
The extra bonus was colouring in the fairy and teddy bears, which was a great relaxing time after all the stress of the day.
Here’s what was used:
- Creative Expressions – New York Collection Union Square
- Marianne Designs – Decorative Swirls (LR0269)
- Crafters Companion – Numbers
- Circa Design – Celebration Number Stamps
- My Favourite Things – Anything but basic Stamps, Fairy Happy Stamp & Die, Friends Furever Stamp & Dies, Stitched Tags
- Heartfelt Creations – Fleur Border
- Cheery Lynn – Horizon Fishtail Borders
If it is your birthday today, I hope you have a wonderful day 🙂