How has your week been so far? Here we have been enjoying the company of family, our first visitors in our new home since the building works were finished and time has been flying, so much so I missed my regular post yesterday, but I hope you can forgive me as we had a lot of catching up to do 🙂
I did manage to make a card this week and it was something that has been spinning around my head, which was experimenting with stencils and distress inks. The result was this:
- My Favourite Things – All About You Stamps, You Trio Dies
- Woodware – Handwritten Greeting Stamps
- Tonic Studio Dies – Mixed Scallops & Straight Cut Ovals
- Clarity – Framer Shapes Set 1
- That Special Touch – Round & Round
- John Bloodworth – Clearly Creative Texture Stamps
- Distress Inks – Squeezed Lemonade, Spiced Marmalade, Barn Door
- Nuvo Crystal Drops – Gloss White
As you can tell I love bright colours, and I have been doing some colouring classes and wanted to bring some colours together to make you feel good and smile, whilst using multiple stencils to create a background image. I used the texture stamps to add a bit of pzazz to the corners. To make the colour pop, I used a black fine liner round the shapes. Think it came together quite well.
Hope you have a great week.