Hope you all had a lovely week 🙂
Today as much as I am disappointed in not having another lovely box to share with you, I had to find time to make 2 cards for my grandsons, they will be 13 on my birthday (lovely birthday gift that was), so I couldn’t fit it all in, so I will have to keep you in suspenders until next week, so watch this space!
So I woke up with an idea yesterday morning for the cards, and they sort of went to plan so see what you think:
I don’t think I have to tell you experts about simple layering processes, and the card speaks for itself really. The only thing I did differently, was I cut the Creative Expressions Largest die and made that the card front, and cut the card back to fit, so the card base had the stitched edge around the border.
I used the following items:
- Creative Expression – Shadow Box Collection – Stitched Lattice Frame
- MFT – Die-namics Stitched Flags
- Memory Box – Classic Numbers
- Woodware Stamps – Birthday Moves
- Lawn Fawn – Scripty Sayings
- Stars were free in my die cutting magazine
- Flags and Stars were card off cuts
This took f-o-r-e-v-e-r! I also don’t think it looks as good as it could but then I am a real hard critic on my self, so I hope you can maybe tell me what you see?
I used these items:
- Spellbinders – Emojis
- Lawn Fawn – Just For You Labels
- Stamps – Paper Smooches-Slang Gang, Visible Image-Ink Splats, Inkylicious-Splodge & Splat, Stampin’ Up-Gorgeous Grunge
The thing that took the time was the number 13. First I printed the number templates and then cut them out. Then I cut ‘I don’t know how many’ lovely little emojis and then the backings in all different colours and papers, and then layered it up, and I finished with Spectrum Noir Sparkle Clear Pen, and then Glossy Accents. Although you can’t see it here, the gloss sparkles with glitter.
Well I hope you like my attempts at trying to remember what is was like to be 13 again! I remember thinking how grown up I was and why oh why couldn’t the adults realise this!
Enjoy the rest of your weekend.