I hope you are all having a lovely mothers day and getting spoiled, bit hard for me as I miss my Mum today, must admit been a bit grouchy all week, but I am sure she would be telling me to stop the nonsense and get on with it!
Needless to say I didn’t make many Mother’s Day cards, in fact, just one and I could kick myself as I never took any pictures! However, that just gives me more reason to make another doesn’t it, which I will do next weekend. So instead of that, I will share a make I did a couple of weeks ago for my other half’s son. Now men’s cards always use to seem so hard, but to be honest, I like making them now.
Here’s the list you will need:
- CARD: Papermill – Mocha Brown, White, The Range – Gold Mirri, Gears Paper from stash
- DIES: Memory Box – Mini Gears, SB – Contemporary Circles, Standard Circles Large, Scalloped Circles Large, Labels Thirty Four, Presscut Crafts Too – Happy Birthday
- STENCIL: That Special Touch – Steam Punk Frame
- INKS: Distress Inks – Walnut Stain, Vintage Photo, Spiced Marmalade, Wild Honey. Versamark – Clear
- EMBOSSING POWDER: Papermania – Gold
- Using 1 no white card 13.5 cm x 13.5 cm (5.3″ x 5.3″), a large mount and gelli plate, and the stencil, make a background using the distress inks above. If your not sure how to do this, here Barbara Gray shows you how.
- Make a brown card base 14.5 cm x 14.5 cm (5.7″ x 5.7″)
- Cut 2 no gold mirri card 14 cm x 14 cm (5.5″ x 5.5″)
- Cut 1 no patterned paper 13.5 cm x 13.5 cm (5.3″ x 5.3″), distress edges with vintage photo and spiced marmalade distress ink.
- Cut 1 no Contemporary Circle in brown card.
- Cut 2 sets of mini gears in gold mirri card. You may not use them all but you can use them elsewhere if you need to.
- Cut 1 no circle in brown.
- Cut 1 no scalloped circle in gold mirri, larger than the circle above.
- Assemble outer card front as follows –
- Matt stenciled card on to gold mirri card with clear wet glue. Mount onto front of base card.
- Mount contemporary circles die cut onto stenciled card using foam mounts.
- Randomly arrange gears, some flat, some mounted with foam pads.
- Using brown circle, stamp sentiment with Versamark and heat emboss gold powder. Mount onto scalloped die cut with wet clear glue. Mount onto card front with foam pads.
- Embellish as desired.
- Inside – mount patterned paper/card onto gold mirri card. Mount onto inside card base.
- Cut 1 no largest Labels Thirty Four die and edge with gold pen.
- Cut 1 no Happy Birthday sentiment in gold mirri and mount onto die cut. Mount using 1 mm foam pads in center of inside.
- Decorate as desired.
I was pleased to hear he loved the card!
Enjoy the rest of your mother’s day.