Just popping by with another quick share of these fun little birthday cards.
It was my twin grandsons 12th birthday yesterday and I had made this using the LOTV stamps – Football Trio, wicked little stamps to colour and play with! They turned out really well using the Spectrum Noir Alcohol pens and I sealed little elements with Glossy Accents.
Next I used some Visible Image – Jake Skate stamps, (discontinued now) such good quality, and this came out a treat!
Again coloured with Spectrum Noir Alcohol Pens, and background made with distress inks. For the edging I used some new stamps from John Bloodworth aka The Gentleman Crafter, his first design and produce, and love his abstract stamps. All in all had a great time making these!
So I’m off now to make more but have a longing to make flowers this time.
Have a great weekend!
I hope you are all enjoying the sunshine on this lovely day. I have popped in during my birthday celebrations to post a few little cards for you to see. I just had the most fun making these and simply want to share them.
BEST EVER GRANDMA
Here’s a little birthday card for someone’s wonderful Grandma/Nan. I wanted to make it happy and vibrant and to protect the colour, so I covered them with Glossy Accents. The little figures were coloured using Spectrum Noir Alcohol Pens and the background is made with distress inks. The stamps and dies are from Lawn Fawn – Mom & Me, Stitched Hillside Borders, Party Animals, SB 5 x 7 Matting Basics A and SB 5 x 7 Matting Basics B
Here is a really happy party going on, again using these lovely little critters, who is eagerly awaiting the party to start! Made with the same Spectrum Noir Alcohol Pens and distress inks for the background and the Lawn Fawn Party Animals stamps and Party Animals lawn cuts, and some of the leftover flowers from the previous card. Background hills from Lawn Fawn Stitched Hillside Borders.
Well just a quick pit stop today, and hopefully tomorrow, I can show some more. Before I go I just want to say a big ‘THANK YOU’ to Lawn Fawn customers services who help replace 2 tiny dies that went missing whilst I was crafting, never to be seen again…..I hope my dog didn’t eat them as he appears to eat everything else!
If you are interested in either of these cards, just leave a comment below and I will get back to you.
Hope the sun keeps shining for you!
Well work has been so busy the last few weeks, and we had the final awful sorting out of Mum’s things, the rest can now be done at leisure, which I hope to be getting a little of shortly, which means some serious crafting time too!
Also means that I get to spend time with loved ones, and time is precious as you never know exactly how long you have, so make sure you grab every minute and enjoy every second, and things that worry you, should be forgotten,’cos worrying never did anyone any good at all!
So what have I been up too……playing! I have become hooked by Lawn Fawn and I love the fact that you can cut out all your stamped images with dies, but also it’s just plain fun to create cards!
This is my first little creation, and I had a ball making this. So easy and lots of colouring but it really is a feel good way to make cards!
Here goes with the lists:
- Stamp with Tuxedo Black 2 robots and variety of accessories, colour with Spectrum Noir and once dry, coat with Glossy Accents and leave to dry, best left overnight.
- Make a grey card base measuring 12 cm x 14 cm (4.7″ x 5.5″)
- Cut a piece of patterned card 11.5 cm x 13.5 cm (4.5″ x 5.3″)
- Cut a piece of white hammered card 11 cm x 13 cm (4.3″ x 5.1″) and then cut out a center section with the second smallest Tile Works die. Keep the cut out section for inside the card. Using the distress ink create the background. Embellish with dots of Glossy Accents and Star Dust Stickles Glue. Leave to completely dry.
- Once all the pieces are thoroughly dry, mat and layer card as shown.
- For Inside – cut 1 no piece of White Card and using distress inks make a background as you did for front, then using the little gear stamps to form a cluster pattern, stamp all over in Tuxedo Black ink. Dot with Glossy Accents and Star Dust Stickles. Leave to dry. Stamp greeting into off cut center piece and mount to background. Embellish as desired.
There you have a fun little card and I am sure that whoever receives it will love it too!
Enjoy the rest of your weekend
I hope you are all having a lovely mothers day and getting spoiled, bit hard for me as I miss my Mum today, must admit been a bit grouchy all week, but I am sure she would be telling me to stop the nonsense and get on with it!
Needless to say I didn’t make many Mother’s Day cards, in fact, just one and I could kick myself as I never took any pictures! However, that just gives me more reason to make another doesn’t it, which I will do next weekend. So instead of that, I will share a make I did a couple of weeks ago for my other half’s son. Now men’s cards always use to seem so hard, but to be honest, I like making them now.
Here’s the list you will need:
- CARD: Papermill – Mocha Brown, White, The Range – Gold Mirri, Gears Paper from stash
- DIES: Memory Box – Mini Gears, SB – Contemporary Circles, Standard Circles Large, Scalloped Circles Large, Labels Thirty Four, Presscut Crafts Too – Happy Birthday
- STENCIL: That Special Touch – Steam Punk Frame
- INKS: Distress Inks – Walnut Stain, Vintage Photo, Spiced Marmalade, Wild Honey. Versamark – Clear
- EMBOSSING POWDER: Papermania – Gold
- Using 1 no white card 13.5 cm x 13.5 cm (5.3″ x 5.3″), a large mount and gelli plate, and the stencil, make a background using the distress inks above. If your not sure how to do this, here Barbara Gray shows you how.
- Make a brown card base 14.5 cm x 14.5 cm (5.7″ x 5.7″)
- Cut 2 no gold mirri card 14 cm x 14 cm (5.5″ x 5.5″)
- Cut 1 no patterned paper 13.5 cm x 13.5 cm (5.3″ x 5.3″), distress edges with vintage photo and spiced marmalade distress ink.
- Cut 1 no Contemporary Circle in brown card.
- Cut 2 sets of mini gears in gold mirri card. You may not use them all but you can use them elsewhere if you need to.
- Cut 1 no circle in brown.
- Cut 1 no scalloped circle in gold mirri, larger than the circle above.
- Assemble outer card front as follows –
- Matt stenciled card on to gold mirri card with clear wet glue. Mount onto front of base card.
- Mount contemporary circles die cut onto stenciled card using foam mounts.
- Randomly arrange gears, some flat, some mounted with foam pads.
- Using brown circle, stamp sentiment with Versamark and heat emboss gold powder. Mount onto scalloped die cut with wet clear glue. Mount onto card front with foam pads.
- Embellish as desired.
- Inside – mount patterned paper/card onto gold mirri card. Mount onto inside card base.
- Cut 1 no largest Labels Thirty Four die and edge with gold pen.
- Cut 1 no Happy Birthday sentiment in gold mirri and mount onto die cut. Mount using 1 mm foam pads in center of inside.
- Decorate as desired.
I was pleased to hear he loved the card!
Enjoy the rest of your mother’s day.