Well again we find ourselves being reminded that we are forever mortal, and this week saw the passing of a friends Nan, mind you she did manage 102! That surely is an achievement in itself, but she was very poorly so really however much we miss those we love, it is a blessing they suffer no more. So this has prompted the card today.
I was so pleased with the photos, and the light box I made really does help when taking pictures, and it cost but a few sheets of paper. Black will show all the flaws when photographing, even the ones you didn’t know were there!
Here’s the lists:
- DIES: SB – Labels 27 & Decorative Labels 27, Victorian Crosses, Blooming Collection, Standard Circles Large,CE – Pyxis
- STAMPS: Inkylicious – Humming Bird Garden, Justrite – Sympathy Handwritten Sentiments, Caring Thoughts Sentiments
- CARD: Papermill – Black & Grey, The Range – Silver Mirri
- INK: Versa Color White, Versamark
- EMBOSSING POWDER: WOW – Opaque Bright White
- PUNCH:The Range – Xcut corner rounder
- Make a black card base 14.5 cm x 19 cm (7.5″ x 5.7″) but do not make up yet.
- Take front of base card and cut border edge with Pyxis die. Keep both parts.
- Cut 2 no silver mirri 14 cm x 18.5 cm (7.3″ x 5.5″)
- Using 1 no silver mirri card, cut border using Pyxis edge and decorative panel so it sits above the cut border edge on the card front panel. Keep excess edge piece.
- Cut 2 no black card 13.5 cm x 18 cm (7.1″ x 5.3″).
- Using 1 no piece black card, cut final decorative edge with Pyxis bottom die cutting panel above the silver decorative panel. Keep both pieces.
- Next take the top front black decorative edge piece of card and smaller black card for inside and stamp using white versa color ink to form background with humming bird largest stamp.
- Cut and emboss 4 no decorative corners using Blooming Collection but keep the tiny off cut pieces to use at the bottom of the card for decoration if desired.
- Cut 1 no black circle using die no 3 from Standard Circle Large, and stamp white versa color using small humming bird flower around the edge.
- Cut 1 no decorative circle from the Blooming Collection in Silver Mirri and mount to center of black circle with foam pads.
- Using a piece of small black card, stamp sentiment with Versamark and White Embossing powder and heat set. Cut to size and use corner round. Mount with foam pads onto to silver mirri card with round corners to finish.
- Matt and layer front and inside as shown.
- Mount Circle and cross in center, decorative corners and sentiment underneath, and glue the tiny saved pieces at the edge of the panel.
- For the bottom piece, cut each off cut section to fit inside each piece as above. (Mine was very thin but you can leave a larger section if you choose and place your sentiment elsewhere) I embossed my last piece to take the plainness off but you can decorate as you like. Matt and layer and mount to bottom on foam pads.
- Attach completed front card to the back base of the card making sure the bottom panel fits with the card front.
- Cut and emboss 1 no piece silver mirri using SB Decorative Labels 27.
- Cut and emboss 1 no black card using matching Labels 27. Stamp sentiment with Versamark and White embossing powder and heat set. Mount onto decorative piece and foam mount on inside center.
- Decorate as desired.
This is quite time consuming but the result is beautiful, and I must admit that the Pyxis dies cuts so well and looks stunning.
I’m off to cook some Lemon Scones with fresh lemons…mmmm….yummy, and then I need to finish Will’s jumper, bless him, he keeps shivering, all that hair doesn’t seem to keep him warm in this bitterly cold weather.
Hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend 🙂