Well I am lucky enough this week to have a week off work, although we weren’t where we were suppose to be i.e. in Dorset, I am having a lovely week in my craft room, which feels amazing!
So I have been playing around and discovering colouring and stamping, and I was one of those people that preferred computer generated sentiments, as it seemed easier to make and print what you wanted to say, but there is definitely something about stamping that is satisfying and therapeutic! It isn’t always convenient to use a computer and printer, but stamps are, and so I was launched into a world of making my own backgrounds, mixing colours and now colouring my own images! What a wonderful world of colour there is out there 🙂
I have always enjoyed making notelets and boxes, so I had an idea buzzing around my mind, and it had to come out so here it is:-
Little notelets and envelopes in a box that can be re-used once the notelets are gone.
- Justrite Colourful Brush Stroke Stamps
- Visible Image Ink Splats, Visible Image Speckle Background
- Tim Holtz Distress Inks
- Memento Dew Drop Brights
- Papermill Pink, White Linen, Blue and Lilac Card, Silver Mirri Card
- Martha Stewart Flower and Stamp Punch, X Cut Corner Rounder
- We R Memory Keepers Envelope Punch Board, Hougie Score Board
- Accessories – Cosmic Shimmer Dries Clear Glue, small pearl and gems
- Make 8 no card bases using 2 of each colours for finished card size 9.8 x 11.2 cm (3 7/8″ x 4 4/8″)
- Make 8 no Silver mirri card 9.3 x 10.7 cm (4 3/16″ x 3 5/8″). Round the right hand corner top and bottom.
- Using White Card, cut 8 no card sections 8.8 x 10.2 cm (4″ x 3 7/16″). Round right hand corners as above.
- Punch 24 flowers.
- Using stamps and I used 3 complementing colours, stamp background to suit and also stamp flowers to match.
- I used tiny pearls and gems to decorate flower centres and stick as desired to stamped background. Add sentiment of your choice.
- For the inside of the card I simply cut a piece of matching coloured paper to the inside ready for their message to be added.
- Make 8 number 4″ x 4 1/2″ Envelopes using We R Memory Keepers Board
- Remember to add your trade mark to the back of each card to make it your own!
TO MAKE THE BOX:
- I made my box a bit too big but you can adjust these sizes to fit your own.
- Using A3 (UK Size) cut a piece of white card, 35 x 31 cm (13 13/16″ x 12 1/4″)
- Using a score board, on the long side score at 4,17.5, 21.5, 35 cm (1 5/8″,6 3/4″,8 3/8″, 13 1/4″ & 14 13/16″). Obviously this will be too long for the scoreboard but I take my card back to the 10 cm mark and carry on. You will need to work out your sizing for this.
- Turn your card to the short side and score as follows: 4, 19, 23 cm (1 5/8″, 7 5/8″, 9 2/8″)
- Burnish your folds
- To Put together see Notelet Box Template. Where the small orange triangles appear, I notch these out so that the corners form better.
You can off course adjust this to suit any square box type large or small.
Well that’s it for now, have a great day.