I hope you all aren’t suffering from over indulgence, or if you are, I hope it was worth it 🙂
I have been inspired to try a new project this week, and for the first time, it isn’t a card but a box, a little wooden trinket box.
Whilst I was out and about, trying to decide what to spend my Christmas gift money on, I came across this wonderful little box at The Works, where I often pop in and see what bits and bobs are on offer. I don’t usually go for this time of thing, but it really grabbed my attention, so I took the plunge and bought it home.
Once it was in the Craft Room, there was no stopping me. All I could see was a vintage trinket box. I didn’t have many supplies to alter this so used what I had to hand, and I was really pleased with the results.
- Inks – Distress Ink Vintage Photo
- Varnish – Ronseal Matt Varnish
- Decoration ~ Heartfelt Creations Aster Paper, Gold Mirra Card.
- Dies – Spellbinder Medallion One, Ironwork Motifs, Corner Flourish Two, Spiral Blossom One
- Embellishments – Pearls, Felt for lining inside.
- Lightly rub down all wood surface to make sure the area is free from dust.
- Cut paper to size and secure to areas.
- With the stain of your choice, cover all bare areas inside and out, adding a light coating to the papered areas and allow to dry.
- Glue decoration of your choice, including pearls to desired areas.
- Paint varnish to all areas including decorations and allow to dry. If needed, add second coat.
- Finish by adding felt lining to inside areas.
It took next to no time to complete but looks really good and would make a lovely gift. You could also try lots of different finishes, such as limed, waxed etc.
I must wish you all a Healthy, Wealthy and Happy New Year and hope 2015 brings you all you wish for.
See you soon