Well how has your weekend been,it has been another busy one here. Went to a lovely little craft fair in a village near where I live and it was heart warming to see so many crafts still thriving, homemade preserves, wall mounts made with dough, knitted items, fresh home grown produce and so much more! It was lovely seeing people I met at the recent card making day I attended too.
Once I got home my wonderful grandsons arrived as well, and it is always good to see them, they are turning into very special little men and I am very proud of them, handsome little fellows too!
We also had a wonderful celebration this weekend for my mum who is a wonderful 87 years young today, and very proud of it too! So I obviouslly wanted to create a really special card. I had seen this idea many times before but wanted to ‘showcase’ the card in its box as she is one of my biggest fans and likes to show everyone what I do, so I thought it would be nice to place the card in a box with a window.
- DIES: SB Floral Oval – Foliage – Large Ovals, HC Vintage Floral – Majestic Bloom, Memory Box – Gentle Leaf
- STAMP: Sue Wilson Stamps To Die For – Old Oak Tree, HC Open Vintage Floret, Justrite – Large Fancy Sentiments & All In The Family
- INKS: Versamark Clear Embossing Pad, Tim Holtz Distress Inks – Mustard Seed, Vintage Photos, Spiced Marmalade & Peeled Paint
- EMBOSSING POWDER: Papermania Enchanted Gold, Gold Embossing Powder
- CARD: Patterned Card, Gold Metallic, White Card, Papermill – Hammered White, Caramel & Brown
- ACCESSORIES: Organza Ribbon, Button & Pearls
- Make a 16 cm x 16 cm base card with hammered white
- Cut 2 no Gold Metallic card 15.5 cm x 15.5 cm
- Cut 2 no Caramel card 14.5 cm x 14.5 cm
- Cut 2 no Patterned Card 14 cm x 14 cm
- Cut 2 no Floral Oval largest die in gold mettalic card.
- Cut 2 no largest oval of the classic large ovals in brown card. Using the old oak tree stamp, stamp with Versamark clear and cover with Enchanted Gold embossing powder. Heat emboss. Once cooled, stamp the sentiment with gold embossing powder. Be careful not to heat the existing embossed image.
- Layer the front and inside as follows –
- Caramel> Glue with Cosmic Shimmer Clear glue to gold metallic
- Patterned> Mount with foam pads to caramel
- Floral Oval> Mount with foam pads to centre of patterned card.
- Stamp Centre Piece> Glue with Cosmic Shimmer Clear to Floral Oval.
- Glue the above to the gold mettalic card with Cosmic Shimmer Clear. Glue the bow to the corner and the ends at the back of the gold card. Mount this onto the card base.
- Stamp and cut flowers as desired and colour with distress inks. You can see how to make your flowers here
- Cut and colour the foliage as desired.
- Arrange flowers as desired and adhere with hot glue.
- Decorate as desired.
I cut the card to made a box for the card to fit 19 cm x 19 cm, I used the Crafters Companion Box maker, but before assembly cut out the oval aperture. I cut a larger oval of acetate, and then cut 2 no decorative ovals, one to fit either side. I glued the acetate to the front of the card then the decorative panel to cover the acetate. Glue the second decorative oval to the inside.
I have also been very busy with some other projects and I will reveal all shortly, but here is a peak which will be on my blog next……
Another little project just a little bit different……..
Well thank you for popping by and I can’t wait to post the up and coming posts, so I look forward to seeing you soon!