I hope you are all having a wonderful weekend, and I most certainly, had a creative one!
I am working on a couple of things right now, and I soooo want to share them with you, but I cannot spoil the surprise, but be assured as soon as I can, you will see them!
So, I am left with a little experiment I wanted to try…and yes….it is a christmas card. Don’t run away, it is so simple to do and I am sure you will like to have a go!
Told you it wasn’t that bad…..here’s how I made it.
- CARD: White, Silver, Red
- DIES: Sue Wilson Festive Holly
- EMBOSSING FOLDER: Spellbinders Winter Wonders – A Side
- PUNCHES: Xcut Sparkler, Woodware Holly Corner Punch
- STAMPS: Sue Wilson Stamps to Die For – Snowflake
- INK: Black Stazon Ink
- EMBELLISHMENTS: Ribbon, Snow Flower Soft
- TOOLS: Cosmic Shimmer Clear Glue, Double sided tape. Various Sized Foam Pads, Hot Glue, Red and Silver Pen
- Stamp Bauble and greeting onto white card and allow to dry. Leave a large gap on the bottom of the greeting to add edging.
- Make a card base in silver card 18.7 cm x 13.3 cm
- Cut 2 no pieces of red card 18.3 cm x 12.8 cm.
- Cut 2 no pieces of white card 17.9 cm x 12.4 cm and emboss both with Winter Wonder A Side.
- Cut and emboss Festive Holly Dies.
- Matt and layer white embossed card onto red card twice. Adhere red ribbon around the base of the card with double sided tape. Use one for the inside.
- Using white flower soft, glue to the top and randomly down the card.
- Using the holly die cuts, colour the berry’s red. Fold the little leaves gentle in half to give depth. Then glue to the top of the card to form branch from either side overlapping. I snipped a couple of holly leaves off and attached to the branch end to hide the beginning of the die cut.
- Colour the bauble with silver and red. I cut mine out by hand, but if you have the die, cut and emboss. Mount onto foam pads at the point where the branches meet. Hot glue ribbon to the top.
- Using the sentiment, add an edge along the bottom with the edger punch. Punch the corners with the corner punch. Using the red pen, run along the edge all the way round the sentiment. Adhere to the front of the card with foam pads. Hot glue ribbon to sentiment.
I tried to show the snow flower soft, hope you can see it!
Well that’s it for now, but please pop back, I will hopefully be posting one of my bigger projects soon and look forward to seeing you then 🙂
Hugs Kim x