Hello Again Crafters!
Nothing for a while and two come along at once lol 🙂
I couldn’t post this before as it hadn’t been received by the intended recipient, but now it has, I can post and show – and I am quite proud of this one. It was based on the amazing Becca Feeken card, but I didn’t have all the dies so I had to improvise and it came out really well and I hope to make another soon, but for now here is how.
- DIES: Justrite Filigree Corners, Spellbinders Labels 32, Sizzix Mini Daisy
- INKS: Tim Holtz Distress Inks – Peeled Paint mixed with Versa Ink – Laurel Leaf, Stazon Black Ink
- CARD & PAPER: Papermania Colossal Paper Pack – Nostalgia Warm, Papermill – Cream Linen, Mocha Brown
- STAMPS: Justrite Stamps – Just the right words, Mix ‘n’ Match Sentiments
- EMBELLISHMENTS: Flowers, Vintage Button, Beige Organza Ribbon
- TOOLS: Cutting & Embossing Machine, Hot Glue Gun, Cosmic Shimmer Glue, Foam Pads – cut to size.
- Cut and emboss 6 no smaller filigree corners and very lightly ink with the peeled paint and then the versa ink to the raised areas. Cut the foam pads into small pieces stick to the back of the filigree corners ready to mount.
- Using a magnetic mat or removable tape if you don’t have a magnetic mat, cut and emboss a frame using Labels Thirty Two but do not remove from the dies after cutting. While still in the dies, using the Peeled Paint and the Laurel Leaf ink until you have a greeny grey antique look to the exposed part of the frame. When happy, remove the dies and wipe off the ink from the die. I use baby wipes or soapy warm water.
- Cut out the flower parts and make the flower, put to one side to dry. Click here to get instructions.
- Make a card base 21.5 cm x 12.7 cm in cream.
- Cut 2 no pieces of cream card 21.1 cm x 12.2 cm.
- Cut 2 no pieces of Mocha Brown Card 20.7 cm x 11.8 cm.
- Cut 2 no pieces of background paper 20.3 cm x 11.4 cm. Mount onto Mocha Brown card. Place ribbon around and secure at the back of the brown card. Mount onto Cream Card with Cosmic Shimmer Clear Glue.
- Lay the filigree corner dies out temporarily and find where you wish to stamp your sentiment. You can use your inked frame as a guide. Stamp sentiment with Black Stazon Ink.
- Starting from the middle and work your way out, mount the filigree die cuts above leaving the middle exposed to show the stamped sentiments.
- Mount the inked frame around the centre on foam pads.
- Decorate to finish.
I really enjoyed making this card, and I was told , the recipient loved receiving it!
It just goes to show that we need not rush out and buy something because someone else has used it in their design. There is always a way round, we just have to use our wonderful imagination and creative ability.
Have a wonderful evening
Hugs Kim x