What have we all been up to lately? I really didn’t realise how long it had been since my last post. Life seems so busy right now, and never seem to get 5 minutes. I could so do with retiring, I am just tooooo busy to work 🙂
In my defence I have been making cards and knitting ( or attempting to!) so I have been creating the whole time. Of course Christmas is quickly and swiftly edging towards us so I have been working with different ideas on that too.
Yesterday I attended my first ever card class, and it was great to meet like minded people and to learn a few different things, which has helped to inspire me again. So today I created this card, which was very simple to do and didn’t take too long.
EMBOSSING FOLDERS: Spellbinders Framed Petite Labels
STAMPS: Lily of the Valley Inspirational Sentiments, Decorative Stamp
INK: Versa Pinecone
CARD STOCK: Papermill – 260 gsm Buff & Cream Linen Card
ACCESSORIES: Ribbon, Pearls, Flowers
Tools: Cutting & Embossing Machine, Hot Glue Gun, Cosmic Shimmer Glue, Double Sided Sticky Tape, Various Sized Sticky Foam Pads
- First using cream card, make a card base 14 cm x 14 cm.
- Cut a Buff coloured card 13 cm x 13 cm twice (One for the inside).
- Cut 2 no cream coloured card 12.6 cm x 12.6 cm and emboss one piece with Framed Petite Labels. Keep the decorative element in the centre of the card so it can be hidden with the die cuts. Using the double sided sticky tape, glue to buff card. Place ribbon around and glue to back. Mount onto the front of your card.
- Mount the two remaining pieces and adhere to inside of card using Cosmic Shimmer Clear Glue. Decorate as desired.
When you have cut all the following pieces, do a dry run first to see where you want to adhere your pieces:
- Using cream card, cut and emboss 4 no pieces of the corner die from Filigree Delight. Arrange these onto front of the card making sure that they sit equally to show decorative edge, and space so that the remaining die cuts can be placed over the top.
- Cut and emboss the second largest die from Majestic Labels Twenty Eight.
- Using buff card, cut and emboss the third largest die from Romantic Rectangles Two. Stamp sentiment and decorative stamp as desired.
- Mount the Romantic Rectangles die cut onto the Majestic Elements Die Cut. Mount with 3mm foam pads so that the Filigree Delight die cuts edges are seen behind.
- Decorate as desired.
Thanks for stopping by 🙂
Hugs Kim x