…..as the inspiration continued to flow, I created a couple more cards. As I was in the ‘Christmas’ frame of mind, I decided to follow the lead and see where we went. This beautiful embossing folder had been in my mind for a while, but nothing I seem to put against it worked, until today.
- Spellbinders Winter Wonders Embossing Folder
- Dies – Spellbinders Mix ‘n’ Match Ornaments, Foliage Flourish, Cheery Lynn Merry Christmas Die, Memory Box Crisp Bows Die
- Stamps – Justrite Mix ‘n’ Match Christmas Sentiments
- Embellishments – Versamark Clear, Papermania Embossing Glitter Enchanted Gold, Papermania Gold Embossing Powder, Ribbon
- Card – Crafters Companion Gold Centura Pearl Card, White Card 300sgm, Gold Pearlescent Card (from old stock)
- Tools – Dremel Hot Glue Gun, Foam Sticky Pads, Tim Holtz Heat Gun, Cosmic Shimmer Clear, baby wipes, tissues.
This is very easy and quick to do.
Front of card:
- Make a card base from gold centura card 19.2 mm x 14 mm. Cut another piece the same size and glue to inside of card. The centura pearl I used was white on the back, so to highlight the embossed imagine, I stuck the gold centura pearl card inside.
- Cut 2 no white card 18.8 mm x 13.6 mm and emboss using Winter Wonders. Use both sides of the folder so you have one each of the design.
- Using the christmas tree embossed image, mount to base card.
- Cut and emboss the large Foliage Flourish from gold pearlescent card and mount using sticky foam pads cut into small pieces at the top of the embossed image on the front.
- Cut and emboss 2 no christmas baubles from the Mix ‘n’ Match Ornaments (your choice of design), leave them in the dies. This is where you get messy! Using versamark clear, stamp through the die to the raised areas, remove from the die and make sure you clean the die thoroughly (I use baby wipes and tissues), then on the die cut, sprinkle with embossing glitter and heat. Leave to cool.
- Cut the crisp bows and trim to required length, then adhere to back of the baubles at varying lengths. Attach to card using small pieces of sticky foam.
- Cut Merry Christmas sentiment and glue to base of embossed image on the front.
Inside of card:
- Using the second embossed imagine and versamark clear, lightly dab the pad over the embossed imagine, try not to press as you only want to wet the raised parts. Sprinkle with enchanted gold glitter.
- Using Justrite Christmas sentiments of your choice (there are so many lovely phrases you can make) stamp with versamark clear and use gold embossing powder. Try not to mix with the glitter all ready to heat, as it brushes off very easily.
- Heat all the embossing powder but try not to leave your gun on any part too long as it will warp the paper. Leave to cool.
- Glue to inside of card, trimmed to fit.
It sounds a lot to do but it really is quite simple with wonderful results. Of course you don’t have to do all the embossing, but it just sort of screamed glitz me up!