…..now I did warn you I had loads of inspiration!
This is one of those inspirations from seeing other people’s cards. I love mixing and matching the dies and this one just flew together and really looked right and yes, another Christmas card!
- Dies – Spellbinders A2 Filigree Delight, Decorative Labels Eight, Labels 8, Medallions One
- Embossing Folder – Sizzix Flowers and Flourish Set
- Card – Crafters Companion Centura Pearl Blue, Papermill Sky Blue , Gold Matt Mirri Card.
- Ink – Distress Ink Broken China, Versa Baby Blue, Brilliance Galaxy Gold, Quick Dry Gold Metallic Ink Pen
- Stamps – Justrite Mix ‘n’ Match Christmas Blessings, Large Fancy Sentiments
- Embellishments – Ribbons and gems
- Tools – Foam Sticky Pads, Dremel Heat Glue Gun, Cosmic Shimmer Clear.
- Make a card base 11.9 cm x 15.1 cm in Blue Centura Pearl. Cut 1 more for inside the card.
- Using sky blue card, cut 2 no 11.5 cm x 14.7 cm and emboss with Sizzix Flowers Embossing Folder, one for the inside, one for front.
- Using the Sky Blue card, cut and emboss the following – Second Largest Decorative Labels 8, Fourth largest Labels 8. Leave in the die.
- Using the gold matt mirri card, cut and emboss the largest A2 Filigree Delight and Medallion One.
- Using both inks, make a mottled effect on both the Labels 8 and Decorative Labels 8. Use the distress ink first, as this stays wetter longer and you can swirl the ink around the paper. Remove the die and clean. Leave to dry.
- Once dry take the Labels 8 die cut and stamp sentiments with Galaxy Gold using Christmas Blessings and tiny decorative stamp from Large Fancy Sentiments. Edge with gold metallic ink pen. Using Cosmic Shimmer Clear, stick the Medallion One Die Cut behind Labels 8, so that only half shows.
- Using Cosmic Shimmer Clear, glue the embossed imagine to the front of the card base.
- Take the A2 Filigree Delight die cut and wrap ribbon down the middle in the centre of the card and secure on the back.
- Using foam pads, mount the die cuts largest to smallest in the centre of the embossed imagine.
- Add embellishments to finish.
I think this one is my favourite as it reminds me of a cold snowy winters day, perfect for Christmas.