What have you all been up to this weekend, I have had one of those inspirational weekends where the craft ideas just keep on flowing, and I whipped up a card storm! It’s not often I get so much inspiration hitting me at once, but boy I couldn’t keep up with my brain! That’s what happens when you get creatively starved of your craft room….so be warned!
Having said that, it was brilliant just to be so inspired, so I will let you see what I have made:
Like most crafters, I have very little time to create as much as I would like, and with December coming very quickly over the horizon, I was thinking about Christmas, so my first card was themed and I had a few ideas in my head already, and this is what popped out…very easily.
I have never really experimented with inks and embossing folders, and today I decided to emboss then ink the raised areas. I tried the way I had seen but it didn’t work that well so I decided to go with my gut feeling and ink by hand, and this is the background that resulted in very quick time too!
- Darice Damask Embossing Folder 7 x 5.
- Dies – Spellbinders Valiant Honour, Elegant Ovals, Fancy Tags Two Oval & Justrite Vintage Labels Seven
- Ink – Distress Ink Bundled Sage, Versa Sage, Brilliance Galaxy Gold.
- Stamp – Justrite Festive Poinsettia
- Card – 2 cuts of each – Papermill 300 gsm dark green, 240 gsm Spring Green, 300 gsm White.
- Glue – Cosmic Shimmer Clear, Sticky Foam pad (Various Thickness)
- Embellishments – Ribbon, Button and Gems.
- Tools – Dremel Hot Glue Gun, Ebosser, Zutter Bow-It-All 2 and essentials.
- Make a base card in Spring Green 13.4 cm x 18.8 cm
- Cut White Card 13 cm x 18.4 cm
- Cut Dark Green Card 12.6 cm x 18 cm
- Cut White card 12.2 cm x 17.6 cm and emboss with Darice Damask folder.. Take all your inks and very lightly ink over the raised areas using all the inks until your have the desired effect. Leave to dry.
- Cut the largest of the Spellbinders Valiant Honour die with the largest Justrite Vintage Labels Seven die placed in the centre. Then emboss but leave the dies in place. Using the Versa Sage and Bundled Sage Distress Ink, make a mottled effect on the exposed piece of white card. Once all the white is gone, remove the dies, and you will get the lovely crisp white edge to your project!
- Cut and emboss Spellbinders Fancy Tags Two Oval die.
- Cut and emboss Spellbinders Elegant Ovals third die and then ink the edges with Bundled Sage distress ink and Brilliance Galaxy Gold.
- Mount the cards as follows – Embossed background onto green card and place ribbon round. Mount this onto the white card. Mount all onto card base.
- Mount the Spellbinders Valiant honour with 3 mm foam pads.
- Mount the Spellbinders Fancy Tag Two Ovals.
- Mount Spellbinders Elegants Ovals.
- Embellish as desired.
This was just so much fun, have a try and see what you can do!
Hugs Kim x