My it’s been a while, and so much has been happening!
I had my wonderful grandsons come to stay for the week and we spent a wonderful Saturday shopping (they spent Nan’s money of course), but they were so good. We went out for a lovely chinese meal and they tried lots of new dishes, especially the dessert mouse, was a clear winner! It was also a great time for our sons, wife, fiancee and children to get together, so it really has been a busy few weeks.
I have however, sneaked in a bit of crafting, as you do, and make another exploding baby box and a few cards.
Today, I made my first full vintage card and I am being really brave and entering it in a challenge, so fingers crossed , my first vintage is going in my first competition!
I have been influenced by all the wonderful vintage cards I have been seeing, and so thought it might be time to have a go at trying to put one together, so I am relying on you to tell me what you think (be kind please) lol!
- Justrite Stamps – Forever Friends,Grand Birthday Sentiments & Sculptured Leaves Stamps
- Justrite Vintage Labels Seven Die
- Brilliance Galaxy Gold and Vintage Photo Distress Inks
- Creams Satin Ribbon – 15mm
- Embellishments – Pearls, Flowers and Vintage Embroidered Butterfly
- Card – 240gsm Brown Card, Gold Matt Mirra Card and 300gsm White Card
- Foam Tape, Cosmic Shimmer Clear Glue, Hot glue.
- First I stamped two pieces with the Sculptured Leave background in Brilliance Gold on white card then trimmed leaving a 4mm border around the edge. I then distressed the edges by pinching between the finger s and then using a light sanding file, sanded the edges. Using Vintage Photo distress ink, lightly sponge around the edges.
- Cut 2 no Matt Gold Mirra card using the largest Vintage Labels Seven Die. Aged with Vintage Photo ink to dull down the gold.
- Cut 2 no White Card pieces using the second largest Vintage Labels Seven Die and aged with Vintage Photo Ink.
- Stamp the outside greeting onto the smaller white aged die cut with Forever Friends stamp using Vintage Photo Ink or ink of your choice.
- Stamp the second smaller white die cut for the inside with a greeting from Grand Birthday Sentiments stamp using Vintage Photo Ink or ink of your choice.
- Next mount the background using foam tape for the front, add the largest and then the smaller die cuts using foam tape. Add embellishments.
- On the inside, add the ribbon strips to the background and glue with clear glue to the back.. TIP – to get the ribbon in the right place, using your grid on your craft matt, line the card up and place the ribbon, on the card using the grid marks. I added mine diagonally, and this helps to make the card look symmetrical.
- Mount the inside using the same method as above.
- Add embellishments of your choice.
TIP: Another little tip for you – when you first get your dies and remove then off of the card, they are sometimes sticky and it makes then hard to place and stick to your cutting plates. To avoid this simply rub on a little bit of talcum powder, and the glue no longer sticks!
Thank you for your patience and I will be back soon with more cards for you to view.
Thanks for your visit, always deeply appreciated.