This weekend I decided to work on a project I had seen last year and it had been on my mind for a long time. I couldn’t make it as I could not get hold of the die I needed as it is now discontinued but low and behold whilst searching Craft Clearance, the die was there and at a very reasonable price, so I just had to pounce. The die was Spellbinders Scalloped Edge Frame Die
I had seen this on Amazing Paper Grace and had been itching to try it and you can see for yourself how beautiful it is. It turned out really well and was surprisingly easy to do. Here is the link for all the information to make this box.
It really was a sheer pleasure to make, just using ribbons, a punch, white card and stamp and emboss. Here’s a close up of the weave
Such a delight to craft and this will make someone a wonderful present too!
……it’s ok crafters, I promise you this is the last one!
I could have carried on all night, but I had to stop and cook dinner, or I would have!
This little beauty popped up as I have been trying to use the mountain of off cuts I keep and of die cuts I have accumulated.
- Dies – Creative Expression Embroidered Striplet Die, Spellbinders Elegant Ovals, Spellbinders Classic Ovals Lge
- Embossing Folder – Anna Griffin Climbing Rose, Tonic Studios Forever Moments Martha
- Punch – Xcut Corner Rounder
- Stamp – From my stash
- Ink – Versa Brown
- Card – Papermill Mocha Brown and Buff
- Embellishments – Ribbon, dragonfly gems and pearls
- Tools – Craft Knife, Cosmic Shimmer Clear Glue, Dremel Hot Wax Gun, Foam Sticky Pads
- Make a card base in Mocha Brown 18.7 cm x 14.2 cm.
- Cut a piece of Buff card 18.3 cm x 13.8 cm and emboss with Climbing Rose Embossing Folder x 2, one for inside and one for front. Glue 1 piece to front and 1 to inside.
- Cut and emboss 2 lengths using buff card of Embroidered Striplets die. Using a craft knife and following the pattern, cut out two triangle sections, 1 each end.
- Cut 2 no piece of Mocha Brown card 16.3 cm x 7.2 cm and emboss with Martha embossing folder.
- Place a strip of ribbon from the end of the embroidered striplet die, through the cut out under the centre piece, up through the next cut out and round the edge. Glue with Cosmic Shimmer Clear the embroidered striplet die cut, onto the mocha embossed panel. Stick the edge of the ribbon round the back of the panel. Stick completed panel to the front of the card with foam.
- Cut and emboss the third largest die from Elegant Ovals and mount with sticky foam pads using Mocha Brown card.
- Cut and emboss with Buff card the third largest die from Classic Ovals Lge. Stamp sentiment of choice.
- Mount the Classic oval die cut onto the Elegant Ovals die cut with Sticky Foam pads. Using foam pads, mount on to panel.
- Hot glue ribbons to ends of panel.
- Embellish as desired.
This is very similar to the outside panel.
Well that’s it crafters, that unfortunately is all I could fit in, before life took over.
I hope you all had a wonderful weekend.
…..now I did warn you I had loads of inspiration!
This is one of those inspirations from seeing other people’s cards. I love mixing and matching the dies and this one just flew together and really looked right and yes, another Christmas card!
- Dies – Spellbinders A2 Filigree Delight, Decorative Labels Eight, Labels 8, Medallions One
- Embossing Folder – Sizzix Flowers and Flourish Set
- Card – Crafters Companion Centura Pearl Blue, Papermill Sky Blue , Gold Matt Mirri Card.
- Ink – Distress Ink Broken China, Versa Baby Blue, Brilliance Galaxy Gold, Quick Dry Gold Metallic Ink Pen
- Stamps – Justrite Mix ‘n’ Match Christmas Blessings, Large Fancy Sentiments
- Embellishments – Ribbons and gems
- Tools – Foam Sticky Pads, Dremel Heat Glue Gun, Cosmic Shimmer Clear.
- Make a card base 11.9 cm x 15.1 cm in Blue Centura Pearl. Cut 1 more for inside the card.
- Using sky blue card, cut 2 no 11.5 cm x 14.7 cm and emboss with Sizzix Flowers Embossing Folder, one for the inside, one for front.
- Using the Sky Blue card, cut and emboss the following – Second Largest Decorative Labels 8, Fourth largest Labels 8. Leave in the die.
- Using the gold matt mirri card, cut and emboss the largest A2 Filigree Delight and Medallion One.
- Using both inks, make a mottled effect on both the Labels 8 and Decorative Labels 8. Use the distress ink first, as this stays wetter longer and you can swirl the ink around the paper. Remove the die and clean. Leave to dry.
- Once dry take the Labels 8 die cut and stamp sentiments with Galaxy Gold using Christmas Blessings and tiny decorative stamp from Large Fancy Sentiments. Edge with gold metallic ink pen. Using Cosmic Shimmer Clear, stick the Medallion One Die Cut behind Labels 8, so that only half shows.
- Using Cosmic Shimmer Clear, glue the embossed imagine to the front of the card base.
- Take the A2 Filigree Delight die cut and wrap ribbon down the middle in the centre of the card and secure on the back.
- Using foam pads, mount the die cuts largest to smallest in the centre of the embossed imagine.
- Add embellishments to finish.
I think this one is my favourite as it reminds me of a cold snowy winters day, perfect for Christmas.
…..as the inspiration continued to flow, I created a couple more cards. As I was in the ‘Christmas’ frame of mind, I decided to follow the lead and see where we went. This beautiful embossing folder had been in my mind for a while, but nothing I seem to put against it worked, until today.
- Spellbinders Winter Wonders Embossing Folder
- Dies – Spellbinders Mix ‘n’ Match Ornaments, Foliage Flourish, Cheery Lynn Merry Christmas Die, Memory Box Crisp Bows Die
- Stamps – Justrite Mix ‘n’ Match Christmas Sentiments
- Embellishments – Versamark Clear, Papermania Embossing Glitter Enchanted Gold, Papermania Gold Embossing Powder, Ribbon
- Card – Crafters Companion Gold Centura Pearl Card, White Card 300sgm, Gold Pearlescent Card (from old stock)
- Tools – Dremel Hot Glue Gun, Foam Sticky Pads, Tim Holtz Heat Gun, Cosmic Shimmer Clear, baby wipes, tissues.
This is very easy and quick to do.
Front of card:
- Make a card base from gold centura card 19.2 mm x 14 mm. Cut another piece the same size and glue to inside of card. The centura pearl I used was white on the back, so to highlight the embossed imagine, I stuck the gold centura pearl card inside.
- Cut 2 no white card 18.8 mm x 13.6 mm and emboss using Winter Wonders. Use both sides of the folder so you have one each of the design.
- Using the christmas tree embossed image, mount to base card.
- Cut and emboss the large Foliage Flourish from gold pearlescent card and mount using sticky foam pads cut into small pieces at the top of the embossed image on the front.
- Cut and emboss 2 no christmas baubles from the Mix ‘n’ Match Ornaments (your choice of design), leave them in the dies. This is where you get messy! Using versamark clear, stamp through the die to the raised areas, remove from the die and make sure you clean the die thoroughly (I use baby wipes and tissues), then on the die cut, sprinkle with embossing glitter and heat. Leave to cool.
- Cut the crisp bows and trim to required length, then adhere to back of the baubles at varying lengths. Attach to card using small pieces of sticky foam.
- Cut Merry Christmas sentiment and glue to base of embossed image on the front.
Inside of card:
- Using the second embossed imagine and versamark clear, lightly dab the pad over the embossed imagine, try not to press as you only want to wet the raised parts. Sprinkle with enchanted gold glitter.
- Using Justrite Christmas sentiments of your choice (there are so many lovely phrases you can make) stamp with versamark clear and use gold embossing powder. Try not to mix with the glitter all ready to heat, as it brushes off very easily.
- Heat all the embossing powder but try not to leave your gun on any part too long as it will warp the paper. Leave to cool.
- Glue to inside of card, trimmed to fit.
It sounds a lot to do but it really is quite simple with wonderful results. Of course you don’t have to do all the embossing, but it just sort of screamed glitz me up!
What have you all been up to this weekend, I have had one of those inspirational weekends where the craft ideas just keep on flowing, and I whipped up a card storm! It’s not often I get so much inspiration hitting me at once, but boy I couldn’t keep up with my brain! That’s what happens when you get creatively starved of your craft room….so be warned!
Having said that, it was brilliant just to be so inspired, so I will let you see what I have made:
Like most crafters, I have very little time to create as much as I would like, and with December coming very quickly over the horizon, I was thinking about Christmas, so my first card was themed and I had a few ideas in my head already, and this is what popped out…very easily.
I have never really experimented with inks and embossing folders, and today I decided to emboss then ink the raised areas. I tried the way I had seen but it didn’t work that well so I decided to go with my gut feeling and ink by hand, and this is the background that resulted in very quick time too!
- Darice Damask Embossing Folder 7 x 5.
- Dies – Spellbinders Valiant Honour, Elegant Ovals, Fancy Tags Two Oval & Justrite Vintage Labels Seven
- Ink – Distress Ink Bundled Sage, Versa Sage, Brilliance Galaxy Gold.
- Stamp – Justrite Festive Poinsettia
- Card – 2 cuts of each – Papermill 300 gsm dark green, 240 gsm Spring Green, 300 gsm White.
- Glue – Cosmic Shimmer Clear, Sticky Foam pad (Various Thickness)
- Embellishments – Ribbon, Button and Gems.
- Tools – Dremel Hot Glue Gun, Ebosser, Zutter Bow-It-All 2 and essentials.
- Make a base card in Spring Green 13.4 cm x 18.8 cm
- Cut White Card 13 cm x 18.4 cm
- Cut Dark Green Card 12.6 cm x 18 cm
- Cut White card 12.2 cm x 17.6 cm and emboss with Darice Damask folder.. Take all your inks and very lightly ink over the raised areas using all the inks until your have the desired effect. Leave to dry.
- Cut the largest of the Spellbinders Valiant Honour die with the largest Justrite Vintage Labels Seven die placed in the centre. Then emboss but leave the dies in place. Using the Versa Sage and Bundled Sage Distress Ink, make a mottled effect on the exposed piece of white card. Once all the white is gone, remove the dies, and you will get the lovely crisp white edge to your project!
- Cut and emboss Spellbinders Fancy Tags Two Oval die.
- Cut and emboss Spellbinders Elegant Ovals third die and then ink the edges with Bundled Sage distress ink and Brilliance Galaxy Gold.
- Mount the cards as follows – Embossed background onto green card and place ribbon round. Mount this onto the white card. Mount all onto card base.
- Mount the Spellbinders Valiant honour with 3 mm foam pads.
- Mount the Spellbinders Fancy Tag Two Ovals.
- Mount Spellbinders Elegants Ovals.
- Embellish as desired.
This was just so much fun, have a try and see what you can do!
Hugs Kim x
My it’s been a while, and so much has been happening!
I had my wonderful grandsons come to stay for the week and we spent a wonderful Saturday shopping (they spent Nan’s money of course), but they were so good. We went out for a lovely chinese meal and they tried lots of new dishes, especially the dessert mouse, was a clear winner! It was also a great time for our sons, wife, fiancee and children to get together, so it really has been a busy few weeks.
I have however, sneaked in a bit of crafting, as you do, and make another exploding baby box and a few cards.
Today, I made my first full vintage card and I am being really brave and entering it in a challenge, so fingers crossed , my first vintage is going in my first competition!
I have been influenced by all the wonderful vintage cards I have been seeing, and so thought it might be time to have a go at trying to put one together, so I am relying on you to tell me what you think (be kind please) lol!
- Justrite Stamps – Forever Friends,Grand Birthday Sentiments & Sculptured Leaves Stamps
- Justrite Vintage Labels Seven Die
- Brilliance Galaxy Gold and Vintage Photo Distress Inks
- Creams Satin Ribbon – 15mm
- Embellishments – Pearls, Flowers and Vintage Embroidered Butterfly
- Card – 240gsm Brown Card, Gold Matt Mirra Card and 300gsm White Card
- Foam Tape, Cosmic Shimmer Clear Glue, Hot glue.
- First I stamped two pieces with the Sculptured Leave background in Brilliance Gold on white card then trimmed leaving a 4mm border around the edge. I then distressed the edges by pinching between the finger s and then using a light sanding file, sanded the edges. Using Vintage Photo distress ink, lightly sponge around the edges.
- Cut 2 no Matt Gold Mirra card using the largest Vintage Labels Seven Die. Aged with Vintage Photo ink to dull down the gold.
- Cut 2 no White Card pieces using the second largest Vintage Labels Seven Die and aged with Vintage Photo Ink.
- Stamp the outside greeting onto the smaller white aged die cut with Forever Friends stamp using Vintage Photo Ink or ink of your choice.
- Stamp the second smaller white die cut for the inside with a greeting from Grand Birthday Sentiments stamp using Vintage Photo Ink or ink of your choice.
- Next mount the background using foam tape for the front, add the largest and then the smaller die cuts using foam tape. Add embellishments.
- On the inside, add the ribbon strips to the background and glue with clear glue to the back.. TIP – to get the ribbon in the right place, using your grid on your craft matt, line the card up and place the ribbon, on the card using the grid marks. I added mine diagonally, and this helps to make the card look symmetrical.
- Mount the inside using the same method as above.
- Add embellishments of your choice.
TIP: Another little tip for you – when you first get your dies and remove then off of the card, they are sometimes sticky and it makes then hard to place and stick to your cutting plates. To avoid this simply rub on a little bit of talcum powder, and the glue no longer sticks!
Thank you for your patience and I will be back soon with more cards for you to view.
Thanks for your visit, always deeply appreciated.