This weekend I decided to work on a project I had seen last year and it had been on my mind for a long time. I couldn’t make it as I could not get hold of the die I needed as it is now discontinued but low and behold whilst searching Craft Clearance, the die was there and at a very reasonable price, so I just had to pounce. The die was Spellbinders Scalloped Edge Frame Die
I had seen this on Amazing Paper Grace and had been itching to try it and you can see for yourself how beautiful it is. It turned out really well and was surprisingly easy to do. Here is the link for all the information to make this box.
It really was a sheer pleasure to make, just using ribbons, a punch, white card and stamp and emboss. Here’s a close up of the weave
Such a delight to craft and this will make someone a wonderful present too!
……it’s ok crafters, I promise you this is the last one!
I could have carried on all night, but I had to stop and cook dinner, or I would have!
This little beauty popped up as I have been trying to use the mountain of off cuts I keep and of die cuts I have accumulated.
- Dies – Creative Expression Embroidered Striplet Die, Spellbinders Elegant Ovals, Spellbinders Classic Ovals Lge
- Embossing Folder – Anna Griffin Climbing Rose, Tonic Studios Forever Moments Martha
- Punch – Xcut Corner Rounder
- Stamp – From my stash
- Ink – Versa Brown
- Card – Papermill Mocha Brown and Buff
- Embellishments – Ribbon, dragonfly gems and pearls
- Tools – Craft Knife, Cosmic Shimmer Clear Glue, Dremel Hot Wax Gun, Foam Sticky Pads
- Make a card base in Mocha Brown 18.7 cm x 14.2 cm.
- Cut a piece of Buff card 18.3 cm x 13.8 cm and emboss with Climbing Rose Embossing Folder x 2, one for inside and one for front. Glue 1 piece to front and 1 to inside.
- Cut and emboss 2 lengths using buff card of Embroidered Striplets die. Using a craft knife and following the pattern, cut out two triangle sections, 1 each end.
- Cut 2 no piece of Mocha Brown card 16.3 cm x 7.2 cm and emboss with Martha embossing folder.
- Place a strip of ribbon from the end of the embroidered striplet die, through the cut out under the centre piece, up through the next cut out and round the edge. Glue with Cosmic Shimmer Clear the embroidered striplet die cut, onto the mocha embossed panel. Stick the edge of the ribbon round the back of the panel. Stick completed panel to the front of the card with foam.
- Cut and emboss the third largest die from Elegant Ovals and mount with sticky foam pads using Mocha Brown card.
- Cut and emboss with Buff card the third largest die from Classic Ovals Lge. Stamp sentiment of choice.
- Mount the Classic oval die cut onto the Elegant Ovals die cut with Sticky Foam pads. Using foam pads, mount on to panel.
- Hot glue ribbons to ends of panel.
- Embellish as desired.
This is very similar to the outside panel.
Well that’s it crafters, that unfortunately is all I could fit in, before life took over.
I hope you all had a wonderful weekend.
…..now I did warn you I had loads of inspiration!
This is one of those inspirations from seeing other people’s cards. I love mixing and matching the dies and this one just flew together and really looked right and yes, another Christmas card!
- Dies – Spellbinders A2 Filigree Delight, Decorative Labels Eight, Labels 8, Medallions One
- Embossing Folder – Sizzix Flowers and Flourish Set
- Card – Crafters Companion Centura Pearl Blue, Papermill Sky Blue , Gold Matt Mirri Card.
- Ink – Distress Ink Broken China, Versa Baby Blue, Brilliance Galaxy Gold, Quick Dry Gold Metallic Ink Pen
- Stamps – Justrite Mix ‘n’ Match Christmas Blessings, Large Fancy Sentiments
- Embellishments – Ribbons and gems
- Tools – Foam Sticky Pads, Dremel Heat Glue Gun, Cosmic Shimmer Clear.
- Make a card base 11.9 cm x 15.1 cm in Blue Centura Pearl. Cut 1 more for inside the card.
- Using sky blue card, cut 2 no 11.5 cm x 14.7 cm and emboss with Sizzix Flowers Embossing Folder, one for the inside, one for front.
- Using the Sky Blue card, cut and emboss the following – Second Largest Decorative Labels 8, Fourth largest Labels 8. Leave in the die.
- Using the gold matt mirri card, cut and emboss the largest A2 Filigree Delight and Medallion One.
- Using both inks, make a mottled effect on both the Labels 8 and Decorative Labels 8. Use the distress ink first, as this stays wetter longer and you can swirl the ink around the paper. Remove the die and clean. Leave to dry.
- Once dry take the Labels 8 die cut and stamp sentiments with Galaxy Gold using Christmas Blessings and tiny decorative stamp from Large Fancy Sentiments. Edge with gold metallic ink pen. Using Cosmic Shimmer Clear, stick the Medallion One Die Cut behind Labels 8, so that only half shows.
- Using Cosmic Shimmer Clear, glue the embossed imagine to the front of the card base.
- Take the A2 Filigree Delight die cut and wrap ribbon down the middle in the centre of the card and secure on the back.
- Using foam pads, mount the die cuts largest to smallest in the centre of the embossed imagine.
- Add embellishments to finish.
I think this one is my favourite as it reminds me of a cold snowy winters day, perfect for Christmas.