The second card I made was an experiment with gilding wax.
I can’t help but think that everytime I see the 3D embossing folders, that I want to make them come alive with gilding wax! The wax makes the impression look like metal, and I love that idea. When it comes to making men’s cards, this idea always comes first but I struggle to get the effect I want, however today I was really pleased! First I thought bronze, then Green!
- I cut a plain white card base and then printed 2 of the Spellbinders Medallion Folder.
- Cut out the oval circle of the middle of one of the embossed card. Colour with Distress Ink Bundled Sage and go over the top with Cast Bronze gilding wax.
- Using Distress Ink Bundled Sage, add to the decorative oblong shape.
- Using Cast Bronze Gilding Wax, add to the edge. I got a really good result with the wax using make up sponges, that I bought from the pound shop.
- For the second embossed piece, I ink with Bundled Sage all over and glued to inside of the card. I cut and embossed the largest oval of the Spellbinders Large Ovals and ink the same, but lightly. Edged with a bronze brush maker. Then stamped in bronze with versa ink in the centre of the oval with a sentiment. Mount on 3mm small foam pads and place in the centre.
The picture above didn’t do it justice, so I found a sunny spot and took another;
Now you can see just how effective this can be!
What does your ideas with gilding wax create, I would love to know 🙂