Hope you have all been enjoying the weekend, in between the showers that is!
This weekend I had an urge to go vintage, I think it is all the pinterest posts that are responsible for this crafting make, with such beautiful papers and wonderful cards and pictures, so I thought I would try and see what I could do. I must admit I have never been drawn towards the vintage line, but I must have been bitten by the current trend.
I decided to make the most of my recent purchase of the Grand Decorative Labels One, and to make a Vintage Box with cards inside.
What I Used:
- Spellbinders Grand Decorative Labels One, Grand Labels 1, Grand Squares.
- Memory Box Meadow Leaf, Gentle Leaf
- Crafts Too Entwined Die
- Concepts Budding Vine, Dots Cuttle Bug Folder
- 240 gsm Brown, Cream, Linen, Pearlescent Gold Card & Gold Mirror Card. Patterned Paper. Small piece of green card for leaves. Cardboard for strengthening bottom of box.
- Various Ribbons and Flowers and pearls.
- Patience Strong Verses.
- Gold, Brown and Bark Versa Ink, Galaxy Gold Brilliance Ink, Papercraft Gold and Enchanted Gold. Versamark Embossing Ink. Vintage Photo Distress Ink.
- Golden Light Metallic Gilding Wax.
- Justrite Stamps
- Cosmic Shimmer Clear Glue, Scotch ATG Tape.
- We ‘R’ Memory Keepers Punch Board
- Cut 2 no Grand Decorative Labels One Dies 3rd largest with brown card. Using gilding wax, rub into card to make the card look aged. Do this on the underside of 1 of the cut pieces for the top.
- Cut I no Grand Labels One 2nd smallest die with patterned paper. Emboss and heat with Enchanted gold embossing powder.
- To make the sides of the top and bottom of the box, follow diagram – Making The Box Sides – use gilding wax to look aged.
- Cut 2 no Grand Squares with patterned paper 2nd smallest die. Cut 1 no Grand Squares 2nd smallest die in cardboard. Using the square, glue the bottom box flaps to the underside of the square to form box base. Glue the pattern paper to the inside. Glue to base. Repeat for the top of the box.
- Finish with cream lace ribbon and brown ribbon lightly heated to look aged.
Cards and Envelopes:
- Using 3 different coloured card, cut 5 no pieces 21 cm x 10.5 cm and score on the longest edge at 10.5 cm. Stain with Vintage Photo Distress Inks to look aged.
- Decorate as desired.
- For the envelopes I used the We ‘R’ Memory Keepers punch board.
Well this took a while but I was really pleased with the results and will make someone a lovely gift!
Thank you for popping by and I will be back soon