Well it has certainly been an exceptionally full on hard grafting week, so much too do, but I was determined to get it all done as I had another special request, but this time it was definitely a challenge. Exploding boxes are very popular at the moment, and so I was challenged to make a 50th birthday box for a special lady, who has been described to me with the love of all things clothes and shoes and pink! Someone who I felt was young at heart, so a theme was born!
My challenge in all this was to find templates small enough to use, and after a few hours researching I decided to find the nearest pattern I could to what my active imagination had decided it wanted to do! So I then had to print the pattern for the top of the box, scan it and save it as a pdf file, then reduce it down to the size I wanted. I then had to do the same thing for the centre piece. So then armed with my beloved patterns, I set about creating the masterpiece!
Top Of Box
First piece was to make the shoe for the top of the box.
As I said before I reduced a pattern I found, and when I came to put it together, there were no instructions, and having never done this before no matter what I tried, it didn’t seem to fit. So the creative gene kicked in and voila, l had the shoe I had been looking for, for hours! I have post the pattern under Challenge Makes 3, so that others don’t have to spend hours like I did.
l had a vision when this was first requested, with a handbag for the centrepiece, but again I could not find a small size pattern. I then carried out the same procedure to form the miniature and you can find this under Challenge Makes 3 with the shoes template.
MAKING THE BOX
- I followed the same procedure as my other box – instructions here. The only difference, other than the materials used, was the size of the box was 12.2 cm x 12.2 cm x 12.2 cm
- 300 gsm White Card
- Fizzy Moon Glitter Card
- Paper Mill Purple & Lilac 240 gsm Card
- Marianne Passe-Partout Rectangle Die
- Woodware Dress Punch 1
- All Occasion Dies Small Shoes
- Marianne Creatables Elegant Lady Die – Outside Front of box
- Sheena Douglas Curly Swirly Embossing Folder
- Wild Orchid Paper Flowers
- Patience Strong CD – inside verse
- Feathers, Ribbon and Gemstones
- Cosmic Shimmer Clear Glue
The pictures here really do not do it justice, but I am truly very proud of yet another challenge overcome and loads learned.
Creativity at its best!